Let us pray to the Lord.
As Orthodox Christians, we are called to pray for one another. This page is our "Prayer List." Please keep the people listed on this page in your prayers. If you would like to be added to the prayer list or would like to add someone, please e-mail the name(s) so that they may be included. Please be sure to send notification as to when to remove name(s) from the prayer list; otherwise the request will be removed after 90 days, unless it is an ongoing issue. Thank you.
Please pray for:
- Please join tonight with the family and friends of Fr. Peter Rizos, a well respected priest of Lowell, MA, currently serving the St. George parish, who yesterday was in a severe car accident and is currently in the hospital with life threatening injuries. (Posted 2/26/2020)
- Please pray for Fr. Dean Gigicos, a retired priest living in Mobile, AL. After serving Liturgy this past Sunday in Biloxi, MS, he was in a car accident while making a hospital visit. His car was totaled, but he is home recovering, and nursing a bad knee injury. He and Presvytera Elaine would appreciate prayers for his recovery. (Posted February 17, 2020)
- Please pray for Fr. Chrysostom Manuel, living in Fayetteville, NC, who is in home hospice. We pray for him and his wife Presvytera Amphitriti (Anthoula) as she cares for him. (Posted February 17, 2020)
- Please continue to pray for Mildred, the daughter of Fr. David and Diana Eynon, of Annunciation Church, Decatur, IL. Here is a link to an article about her and how her school is raising money to help with medical expenses: http://m.herald-review.com/news/decatur-s-daughter/article_04bebe1f-81c9-58d2-a9b4-2ee77b89cdf6.html?mobile_touch=true
- Please continue to pray for Fr. Anthony Demetri, of Camp Hill, PA, who sustained a brain injury on December 11, 2008. You can follow his progress by visiting http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/franthonydemetri. His presvytera, Eleni, wrote on November 18, 2015: "Fr. Anthony is having difficulty walking. His right leg is very weak. He is being admitted overnight for testing to make sure there has been no neurological damage that is causing the problem with his weakness on the right side. He will be receiving physical and occupational therapy and if necessary be referred for sub acute therapy to make him stronger. I will know more after all the testing has been done and will keep you up to date. Our love and prayers go out to Fr. Anthony and Eleni as tests are done and they await the results.
6th Wednesday of Lent
The Holy Apostles of the Seventy Herodion, Agabus, Rufus, Asyncritus, Phlegon, and Hermes; Rufus the Obedient of the Kiev Caves; Celestine, Pope of Rome; The Holy New Martyr John the Ship-Builder who was martyred in Kos
Visit the Online Chapel for more daily readings, hymns, a monthly calendar of saints and feasts, and more.